Our Equality Objectives
The key objectives that our school will focus on this year which will help us to meet the three arms of the general duties required in the Equality Act 2010 to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children
* Equalities information will be updated annually and progress towards our objectives will be monitored and reviewed every year. In line with legislation, the objectives will be re-published formally, at least every 4 years.