Welcome to St Bartholomew's Catholic Primary School. My name is Mrs Lockley and I am very proud to introduce myself as the Headteacher of this kind, caring, school family. In our daily life, we live out our mission as 'A loving family grwing and learning together with Jesus.' This is supported by our strong parish/school links. Each month, our pupils lead a parish/school mass with the support of Fr Phil, our parish priest and during this, we come together within our parish community to celebrate our own unique gifts and talents.
Our core values are embedded into all aspects of school life and they underpin the relationships we have with each other and the families who are part of our school community. They are:
Aims of the School:
- To create a Christ-centred environment which enables each member of the school to grow into the person we are called to be.
- To help each member of the school community to grow in their personal relationships with God and each other.
- To create an environment of mutual respect in which healing can be experienced in truth and love.
- To develop dynamic links between the home, school, parish and governors based on these aims to enable the Catholic faith to become significant in the child's life.
- To bring a Catholic-based dimension to all teaching and learning programmes.
- To ensure that the pupil's experiences within the School have a positive influence on their understanding of relationships
We are a happy and friendly school and this ethos is commented on by all who visit us. Pupils in St Barts are proud to be part of our community and we are proud of the role we play in enabling them to grow (in all senses) into the person they are called to be.
I hope you find the pages of this website useful. It is a snapshot of life at St Barts so please contact us for a visit if you are interested in joining our school family, where we all like to have fun learning in a safe environment. You will be assured of a warm welcome and your children well looked after by friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you!
Mrs M Lockley