Topic One- Family-Domestic Church
EYFS - Myself:
God knows and loves us we are precious to God.
God has called us by name.
Prayer is talking and listening to God.
It is possible to pray at any time.
Introduction to a litany
Some scripture from Isaiah and a psalm.
Year 1 - Families:
God loves and cares for everyone.
We can trust God.
Jesus was part of a loving family.
The importance of prayer: night prayers.
The psalms help us pray and think about God.
God cares for us as a loving parent.
Year 2 - Beginnings:
- God is present in every beginning.
- The story of Creation, God made the world.
- God made us and loves us.
- The importance of prayer; morning prayer.
A psalm is a song of praise to God.
Year 3 - Homes:
- The Christian home; an image of and a sharing in the love between Christ and the Church.
- Paul’s letters to the early Christian community teaching about God’s vision for every family.
- The Christian duty of parents towards children and children towards parents.
- The example of the Holy Family.
- God is always with us.
- We are chosen by God to be a holy people and the implications in daily life.
Jesus’ new rule.
Year 4 - People:
The genealogy of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew.
Jesus’ human family.
The story of Abraham, the father of God’s chosen people.
The story of Jacob.
The story of the love and fidelity of Ruth.
Solomon, the wise ruler.
The role of Joseph in Jesus’ life.
Year 5 - Ourselves:
Called to holiness.
Virtue of peace.
Made in the image and likeness of God.
To know, love and serve God.
Lives of holy people.
Thanksgiving to God.
God as a loving parent.
Year 6 - Loving:
God’s love, care and forgiveness.
God’s unconditional love, which is not earned but given.
The parable of the prodigal son.
Scripture which helps the understanding of God’s love.